Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Ostrich Farm

Location: near Barangay Magpapalayoc, Nueva Ecija (Philippines)

Vis-à-vis with an ostrich? Hahaha, I did it! It’s an awesome experience looking through their soulful gaze. =D They have big, round, clear gray eyes and no colored contact lenses can beat those beautiful set of peepers. Hehehe, my purple contact lenses were outdated back then! I wore shades to cover up my cheap-looking eyes! Lolzzzz!

Ostrich Information:

An adult ostrich stands more than 6 feet! The ostrich is a fast-running African flightless bird with two-toed feet! Yes, it’s two-toed but it’s very big, about size 10 of a woman’s shoe! Man, they are really tall,,, I think they’ll make it to NBA..and they are runners! Move over Kobe Bryant and Lydia de Vega! (peace out :->) Geez, very athletic indeed!

Overall, I think everything else is big when you look at them from head to toe and in between. =) Yeah, you guessed it right. There is no other word to describe it but big! Now, you’re grinning! ü

On tour:

The guide told us not to be too noisy (and nosy) so as not to disturb these wonderful creatures. Once disturbed, the ostrich will not eat for hours, days even. Hahaha, sumpong? Tantrums? Hot flashes? Just behave and act accordingly…and don’t forget to have your pictures taken. c”,)

Ostrich babies are soooooo cute but they don’t look like babies because they’re big, too. I really dunno how to measure accurately but if I’m not mistaken, they stand about 2-3 feet. Amazing!!! Needless to say, the experience is s-u-p-e-r especially if you are an animal lover! Just looking at them will make you smile a liitle or ……..A LOT!

Be sure to have your videocam with you. Seeing them run back and forth is a sight to behold. I’m sure you’re going to take a second look, third, fourth….you count. =p

Products:

They sell ostrich lamps, shoes, eggshells, jewelry boxes and feathers! Pres. GMA, politicians and other foreign dignitaries are the Ostrich Farm’s regular customers. Their items make great gifts for everyone! =) Hey, I should be paid for this…for doing this so-called promotion! (Rolling on the floor laughing!) No need for promotion, though! The Ostrich Farm is sought worldwide!

How to get there:

Oh my God, I really dunno! When u get to Nueva Ecija, just ask! Don’t leave NE without visiting the Ostrich Farm. I got to talk with the owner and her colleague ( who is my friend and BROOD orgmate). Their eyes are beaming with pride while they share these dazzling ostrich moments.

No comments: